Pintxo of Cantabrian anchovies, Padrón peppers and Jamón Ibérico
I present you a very simple pintxo. With few ingredients, but all of excellent quality. It is an example of how the final result is surprisingly good when a fine products are handled. A Pintxo is a small tapa, typical from the bars in the Basque Country (usually eaten in a bite).
Ingredients (for 4 guests)
- 100g Anchoas del Cantabrico - Cantabrian anchovies.
- 1 spoon of Extra virgin olive oil.
- 100g Padrón peppers. Other varieties of small green peppers can be used.
- 70g Jamón Ibérico.
- Coarse salt.
- White bread.
PINTXO OF CANTABRIAN ANCHOVIES, PADRÓN PEPPERS AND JAMÓN IBÉRICO STEP BY STEP
- Take out the anchovies from the can 10 minutes before the recipe starts, to keep them tempered.
- If you are using vacuum-packed Jamón Ibérico, open it 20 minutes beforehand to reach the correct temperature.
- Prepare a pan with a spoon of olive oil and add the peppers when the oil is hot. Add coarse salt. The perfect point of peppers is when they start to get brown, without actually burning.
- Put a slice of Iberian ham on top of a bread slice, add 2 or 3 peppers and add 3 anchovies at the end. Repeat the process with as many pintxos as you need and you can present it to your guests.
If you have come this far, it is because you are interested in Spanish cuisine or its culture. If you would like to learn other recipes, you can Subscribe to our Newsletter, through which we keep you informed every week. In our online shop you will find products such as Jamón Serrano, Jamón Pata Negra, Manchego cheese, products for the preparation of tapas and paellas, Olive Oil or Wines from several regions of the Iberian Peninsula.
Latest articles on our blogs
The “must-haves” for Spanish and Portuguese cuisine
This time my blog post is for practical use: a compact guide to the most important products and spices in Spanish and Portuguese cuisine. So that the typical dishes of these countries will also turn out fabulously for you at home, and you can travel far and wide with your palate and sense of smell. With real saffron from La Mancha, pimentón paprika from Extremadura and some top-quality olive oils of different varieties, you are already on the right track!