The most tedious part of cooking Chipirones is preparing and cleaning them by hand. So when you don't have much time or simply don't feel like spending hours in the kitchen, buying canned Chipirones is a great alternative. And if you use them to prepare a rice dish like the one we explain below, the result will be delicious:
Rice with Chipirones and Alioli recipe
This is a very simple and healthy recipe made only with natural ingredients and suitable for any diet.
- 2 cans of Chipirones in olive oil
- 1 can of artichokes
- Aioli Sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 100 ml of white wine
- 200g of round rice
- 400ml fish soup
- Olive oil
RICE WITH CHIPIRONES RECIPE STEP BY STEP
1. Open the tins of Chipirones and set aside.
2. Cut the artichokes in two halves and set aside. Cut the Chipirones from one of the tins into small pieces.
3. Chop the onion and fry it in a frying pan with olive oil until it begins to brown.
4. Add the rice and stir for a few seconds. Add the white wine and stir again until the alcohol has evaporated.
5. Add the cut-up Chipirones and the fish stock and turn the heat up to medium-high. Mix well and leave to cook for 8 minutes.
6. After 8 minutes, lower the heat and add the chopped parsley and leave for a further 7 minutes.
7. After 7 minutes, remove the pan from the heat, add the artichokes that we had cut and cover the pan with a kitchen towel to allow the rice to rest for 4 minutes.
8. Finally, plate the rice in a deep dish, placing the whole Chipirones from the second tin on top of the rice and adding the aioli sauce to taste.
Serving suggestion: You can accompany this rice with Chipirones with a young fruity red wine from the Vinos de Castilla y León Designation of Origin.